Jama Masjid Delhi

Jama Masjid  Delhi


Development Started : 1644 
Development Completed : 1656 
Cost of Construction : 1 million rupees 
Who Built It : Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan 
Kept up By : Delhi Waqf Board 
Where is it Located : Delhi, India 
Structure Type : Mosque 
Measurements : 80m long; 27m in width; 41m in its most elevated point 
Materials Used : Red Sandstone, Marble 
Structural Style : Islamic 
Planner : Ustad Khalil 
Limit : 25,000 
Visit Timing : 7am to 12pm, 1:30pm to 6:30pm, the entire days of the week 
Section Fee : Free passage, Rs. 200-300 photography charge, Rs. 100 from climbing the southern minaret 

How to Reach : Walking good ways from Old Delhi Railway station and ISBT Kashmere Gate. Chawri Bazaar is the closest Metro Station - 500m away. Air conditioning and non-AC transports associate Jama Masjid to the whole Old and New Delhi. Cars and taxicabs can likewise be profited to reach here. 

Overshadowing Old Delhi, the glorious fa├žade of Jama Masjid remains as the token of Mughal design. Charged by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, the Masjid-I Jah?n-Num? (which means Mosque ordering perspective on the world) was his last design creation. Then again, the mainstream name, Jama Masjid is gotten from the word 'Jummah', alluding to the congregational petition saw by Muslims on Fridays. Worked from red sandstone and white marble, the building rules the horizon of the occupied Chawri Bazar in focal Delhi and is viewed as the biggest mosque in India. Every year, on Eid, a great many respectful Muslims crowd the mosque to offer uncommon Eid Namaz toward the beginning of the day. The mosque is mutually kept up by the Delhi Wakf Board and the Jama Masjid advisory group under the orders from the Shahi Imam. 

History of Jama Masjid 

Following the passing of his better half, Mughal ruler Shah Jahan chose to move his capital from Agra to Delhi and established the walled city of Shahajahanabad. It remained the capital of the Mughals succeeding him and advanced to what we currently know as Old Delhi. The Jama Masjid was appointed to be the focal mosque of the new city. Worked by in excess of 5000 craftsmans under the management of Wazir Saadullah Khan, the mosque planned by planner Ustad Khalil, took 6 years to be finished. The mosque was introduced by Sayed Abdul Ghafoor Shah BukhariI, a mullah from Bukhara (presently Uzbekistan), on 23 July 1656, on the greeting from Shah Jahan, whom he handed down the title Shahi Imam and designated to the high office of Imamat-e-Uzma. The expense to fabricate the mosque went to an astounding 1 million rupees at the time.The mosque houses a few relics of Islamic strict importance like a well established transcript of the Quran imprinted on deer skin, the footmarks, shoes, and a red whiskers hair of the Holy Prophet Mohammad.


Structure and Architecture 

The somber glory of this structure makes certain to intrigue at the main impression. The mosque is based on a far reaching raised stone stage that is available through stairwells from three sides, east (35 stages), north (39 stages) and south (33 stages). The eastern entryway is the biggest and filled in as the Royal passageway, stays shut on weekdays. The mosque faces west towards the Holy city of Mecca. Three sides of the mosque are secured by open curved corridors, highlighting a grand pinnacle like passage in the middle. The top of the mosque is topped with three marble vaults with rotating striping in highly contrasting marble. 

The arches are thus topped with gold embellishments. Two grand minarets, standing 40 m high, adorned in longitudinal stripes of white marble and red sandstone, flank the vaults on either side. Every minaret has 130 stages inside and just the southern one is available to open for an expense. The top offers staggering all encompassing perspective on Delhi with the Connaught Place and Sansad Bhavan (the Parliament House) in an immediate line with the Jama Masjid, an element joined by draftsman Edwin Lutyens into his plan of New Delhi. An open twelve sided domed structure is facilitated by the three anticipating exhibitions isolating the minarets. 

The arches are thusly topped with gold embellishments 

The mosque estimates 80 m long and 27 m in expansiveness and houses the principle supplication corridor with seven angled doors confronting the west-bound (Mecca) with the conventional mihrab (special stepped area) for the petition leader.The dividers of the mosque are concealed with marbles to abdomen level stature. Over these curved doors there are tablets of white marble, 1.2 m by 0.76 m, trimmed with engravings in dark marble specifying the historical backdrop of the mosque alongside adulating the rule and temperances of Shah Jahan. The section over the focal curve is engraved with two basic words "The Guide!"A enormous lobby highlighting 260 segments is situated on the western side of the mosque and is decorated with models in the Jain and Hindu engineering pattern.Ornamentations with flower themes or calligraphic engravings enhance the curves, dividers, under curves and under arches, segments, and floor of the mosque. 

The patio before the mosque possesses 408 square feet and can oblige 25,000 people during supplication. The hauz, in the focal point of the patio, is a bathing tank for washing hands, face and feet before entering the primary structure for prayer.It represents the custom of sanctification expected to enter the network of devotees. Perhaps the best case of Mughal design, this 350 years of age altar is in critical need of fix and preservation endeavors. A request has been raised to take it under Archeological study of India (ASI) from the Delhi Wakf Board, for better upkeep of this structural wonder.

0/Post a Comment/Comments

Previous Post Next Post