Best Tourist Places in Karnataka
Karnataka is a state in southwestern India with a diverse landscape that includes the Western Ghats mountain range, Arabian Sea coastlines, and the historically rich city of Mysore. Some popular tourist destinations in Karnataka are:
- Hampi – a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its ancient temples and ruins.
- Mysore – a city known for its palaces, particularly the grand Mysore Palace, as well as for its festivals, particularly the Mysore Dasara festival.Mysore, located in the southern state of Karnataka, India, is a city rich in history, culture and natural beauty. Known for its palaces, temples, and gardens, Mysore is a popular destination for tourists from all over the world. The city is also known for its rich tradition of silk weaving, sandalwood and incense, and is home to some of the finest museums and art galleries in the country.
- Coorg – a hill station known for its coffee plantations, scenic beauty and adventure activities.Coorg, also known as Kodagu, is a picturesque district located in the Western Ghats of KarnATAKA. It is known for its beautiful landscapes, tranquil atmosphere, and rich cultural heritage. The district is home to a diverse range of tourist attractions, from historical monuments and temples to scenic waterfalls and coffee plantations. Here are some of the best tourist places in Coorg that you should visit on your next trip to this beautiful district.
- Gokarna – a pilgrimage town on the Arabian Sea known for its temples and beaches. Gokarna is a small town located in the state of Karnataka, India. It is situated on the western coast of India and is known for its beautiful beaches and ancient temples. The town is a popular destination among tourists who are looking for a peaceful and serene vacation in India. Gokarna is also considered as a holy town as it is home to several temples dedicated to Lord Shiva, one of the most revered deities in Hinduism.
- Chikmagalur – a hill station known for its coffee and tea plantations, and its historic temples. Chikmagalur, located in the state of Karnataka, India, is a beautiful hill station known for its picturesque landscapes, historic temples, and delicious coffee. The town is situated in the Western Ghats and is surrounded by lush green forests, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. Here are some of the best tourist places to visit in Chikmagalur,
- Jog Falls – the second-highest plunge waterfall in India and a popular spot for trekking and picnics. Jog Falls, also known as Gersoppa Falls or Jogada Gundi, is a waterfall located in the Shimoga district of Karnataka, India. It is the second-highest plunge waterfall in India and is one of the major tourist attractions in the state. The waterfall is created by the Sharavathi River and is approximately 253 meters (830 feet) in height. The falls are best viewed during the monsoon season when the water flow is at its peak. The Jog Falls is a segmented waterfall, meaning the waterfalls in several distinct streams or segments, instead of one continuous curtain of water.
- Bandipur National Park – a popular wildlife sanctuary and national park known for its elephants, tigers, and leopards.Bandipur National Park is a protected area located in the southern Indian state of Karnataka. It is part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, which also includes the adjacent Nagarhole and Mudumalai national parks, as well as the Wayanad and Mukurthi wildlife sanctuaries. The park is known for its rich biodiversity, including a variety of mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians. Some of the most notable species found in the park include elephants, tigers, gaurs (Indian bison), and Indian rock pythons. The park is also home to a number of endangered species such as the Asian elephant, Indian leopard, dhole (wild dog), and great Indian hornbill. The park is open to visitors from October to May.
- Bangalore – the capital city known for its parks, gardens, and nightlife.
- Belur and Halebid – two ancient temple towns known for their intricate carvings and architecture.
- Kabini – a river and dam site, known for its scenic beauty, wildlife viewing and adventure activities.